College of Engineering
Wexner Medical Center
Ohio State University
- Special Scholarships are provided by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion through the generosity of donors committed to the mission of diversity and inclusion.
- Affordable Learning Exchange (ALX) awards are provided to instructors who are incorporating assignments, resources and approaches for teaching students about issues facing Black Americans and other marginalized groups.
- Morrill Scholarship Program (MSP) is Ohio State's premier diversity/merit scholarship program, rewarding academically talented students who are actively engaged in diversity-based leadership, service and social justice activities.
- Several scholarship programs are offered by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion to help students realize their dream of attending college or studying abroad.
- A wide range of scholarships are available at Office of International Affairs to help make students’ study abroad program a reality.
- BuckeyeLearn provides a series of training courses and professional development programs focusing on diversity and inclusion, such as Diversity Basics, Diversity in the Workplace, Inclusive Leadership, and Disabilities Etiquette.
- OSU Gateway to Learning provides a variety of training programs in diversity equity and inclusion.
- All Ohio State faculty and staff are provided with a variety of enhanced cultural competency curriculum through FY 21 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Training Options. The curriculum is divided into two tracks: Anti-Racism and Cultural Awareness, Equity and Inclusion.
- CFAES Office of Equity and Inclusion offers workshops and webinars throughout the year focused on a variety of diversity, equity and inclusion topics. All workshops are free and open to all OSU faculty, staff, postdoctoral researchers, and students.
- Drake Institute for Teaching and Learning offers a credential on Inclusive Teaching to prepare faculty to support a diversity student body by learning a range of approaches to create an inclusive learning environment.
- Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity provides Implicit Bias Training Module Series that introduce insights about how our minds operate and understanding the origins of implicit associations.
- Multicultural Center has an Education and Training program that touch on a wide-range of identity development and social justice issues.
- Office of Administration and Planning has created a Diversity Guide that offers 6 different DEI activities and instructions that can be used as a resource to start diversity conversations in your own college or unit.
BME Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Survey
If you are a BME student, faculty, or staff member, or are taking a BME course, working in a BME research lab, or are any other way connected to our department, we want to hear from you! The following survey has been set up to collect feedback about our department's efforts surrounding diversity, equity, and inclusion. It can be taken anonymously or you can leave your contact information for follow up. The Diversity Affairs Committee will review the submissions and make appropriate referrals where necessary.
To complete the survey please click here: BME DEI Survey