You are here
- Home >
- Lakshmi (Prasad) Dasi
- Professor, Surgery
- Professor, Biomedical Engineering
Dorothy Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Room 405A
473 W 12th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
- B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology,1998
- M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2000
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2004
Key Honors and Distinctions
- George T. Abell Outstanding Teaching & Service Faculty Award, College of Engineering, Colorado State University (2014)
- George T. Abell Outstanding Early Career Faculty Award, College of Engineering, Colorado State University (2013)
RESEARCH AREAS – Cardiovascular and Biofluid Mechanics
- Biomaterials; Biomechanics; Fluid dynamics; Micro/Nanotechnology devices; Heart valve prostheses; Heart development
Professor Dasi’s lab develops new knowledge as it pertains to tackling complex problems in cardiovascular fluid mechanics. Current research projects underway include: (1) Understanding the role of mechanical stresses on the morphogenesis of embryonic heart, (2) Development of novel heart valve technologies, (3) Energy loss characteristics of multiple heart valve disease, (4) Fluid-structure interaction modeling of the native aortic valve, (5) Lagrangian blood damage modeling and novel bileaflet mechanical heart valve designs, (6) Minimally invasive heart valve therapy, and (7) Understanding the small-scale structure of strongly anisotropic turbulence.
- Hatoum, H.; Lilly, S.M.; Crestanello, J.; Dasi, L.P., 2019, "A case study on implantation strategies to mitigate coronary obstruction in a patient receiving transcatheter aortic valve replacement.." Journal of biomechanics 89, 115-118 - 115-118.
- Movafaghi, S.; Wang, W.; Bark, D.L.; Dasi, L.P. et al., 2019, "Hemocompatibility of super-repellent surfaces: Current and future." Materials Horizons 6, no. 8, 1596-1610 - 1596-1610.
- Hatoum, H.; Crestanello, J.A.; Dasi, L.P., 2016, "To the Editor." New England Journal of Medicine 374, no. 16, 1591 - 1591.
- Johnson, B.; Garrity, D.; Dasi, L.P., "The Brine Shrimp's Butterfly Stroke."
Papers in Proceedings
- Vaesken, A.; Chakfe, N.; Koupaei, A.Y.; Dasi, L.P. et al. "The potential of polyester fibrous leaflets for transcatheter heart valves." (1 2019).
- Yousefi, A.; Vaesken, A.; Amri, A.; Dasi, L.P. et al. "A comparative study on the in vitro hemodynamics of polyester heart valves." (1 2017).
- Vaesken, A.; Bark, D.L.; Koupei, A.Y.; Forleo, M. et al. "Textile prosthetic heart valve designs to reduce Reynolds shear stress." (1 2016).
- Schroder, B.W.; Johnson, B.M.; Garrity, D.M.; Dasi, L.P. et al. "Force spectroscopy in the bloodstream of live embryonic zebrafish with optical tweezers." (10 2014).
- Dasi, L.; Pekkan, K.; Whitehead, K.; Fogel, M. et al. "Hepatic venous blood flow distribution in the total cavopulmonary connection: Patient-specific anatomical models." (12 2007).
- Dasi, L.P.; Webster, D.R. "Geometric characteristics of passive scalar interfaces for plumes in turbulent boundary layers." (12 2005).
- Leo, H.L.; Dasi, L.P.; Carberry, J.; Yoganathan, A. "Hemodynamics assessment of three polymeric heart valves using three-dimensional particle image velocimetry." (12 2005).
- Patel, V.; Das, L.P.; Simon, H.; Yoganathan, A.P. "Wavelet-based characterization of small-scale turbulent structures in a mechanical heart valve flow." (12 2005).
- Rahman, S.; Dasi, L.P.; Webster, D.R.; Roberts, P.J.W. "Characteristics of turbulent plumes using PLIF technique." (12 2004).